Commonwealth Technology began humbly out of a small 1,200 square-foot storefront in Lexington KY. Troy Turner started out by refurbishing used equipment by night which he sold to local businesses by day. After two years of hard work building a strong business foundation, Commonwealth was approached by a major manufacturer in the industry who saw potential in the small company. Becoming an authorized dealer for Kyocera Mita was the catalyst for Commonwealth’s growth and future.
More than three decades later Commonwealth Technology operates a 25,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility in Lexington, as well as satellite locations in Louisville, Paducah, and Indianapolis. Commonwealth Technology is continuously recognized as an award winning company amongst its peers.
In 2015 Commonwealth Technology was acquired by Visual Edge Technology. Visual Edge Technology (VET) is comprised of 36 member technology companies across the United States with annual revenues of $360M, over 5,000 employees and 75,000 customers. This relationship has greatly increased our capacity to better service the more than 10,000 customers we have in Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio and Indiana. This includes a new Network Operation Center (NOC) and a brand new Security Operations Center (SOC); each of which is designed to be focused on different segments of your business.
Here are some key principles of Visual Edge Technology’s corporate philosophy.
- Supplying innovative solutions, products and people
- Growing customer’s productivity
- Acquire locally owned partners without changing the company’s staff (including leadership)
- Communicate openly and promptly, and fully delight each customer with service better than expected
Visual Edge’s corporate philosophy and sheer size gives Commonwealth’s customers many advantages.
- Existing management and executives didn’t change and have the same responsibilities. We are corporate owned, but maintain local decision making.
- Because of the size of Visual Edge, we can now negotiate more competitive pricing from the manufactures. That lower pricing means lower prices for our customer solutions.
- Commonwealth Technology employees now have over 1,000 coworkers – this lets us communicate with them, in turn, providing you the best solutions.
To learn more about Visual Edge Technology visit their website at visualedgetechnology.com
Need More Information?
Please just fill out the form below and someone will contact you as soon as possible.